As you may well know, the downside to gardening can be the stress it can cause on your hands - creating dry skin, cracks and even blisters. So, to avoid that this summer we've put together a short and sweet list of top tips to avoid hands that suffer at the expense of your gardening!
1. Wear gloves! The best way to keep your hands dirt free and protected.
2. Sprinkle talcum powder on your hands before putting on your gloves, and it will make the process of removing the gloves later a lot easier for you.
3. Keep your nails short to avoid them breaking, or having dirt trapped underneath them.
4. If you don't want to shorten your nails, you can make sure they have lots of vaseline under them before applying your gloves, so dirt is less likely to be trapped under your nails!
5. Both olive oil and baby oil are the perfect treatment for rubbing on your hands after a hard day of gardening, to keep them well moisturised and in the perfect condition.
6. Be sure to massage your cuticles - both before and after - to be sure you don't find them drying out and breaking away easily.
Remember - just because you love to garden, doesn't mean your hands should suffer - follow these 6 rules and you can keep hands as soft as the petals you're working with!
Happy Gardening :)